What does this mean for existing customers?
Between now and September 2011, you will get an email with instructions on how to login to the new web control panel. The Legacy HyperVM web interface will continue to be active until all VPS accounts are fully migrated to the new system.
Will there be any downtime as a result of this upgrade?
Absolutely NOT! One of the benefits of OpenVZ virtualization technology is the the ability to “live migrate” virtual servers. Your VPS will be moved to the new nodes with the SolusVM software enabled live. Nothing will change with your configuration.
When your VPS is fully migrated, you will get an email to confirm.
Why are we migrating?
One of the benefits to this migration, is that you will be able to see all of your usage graphs (CPU, Load Average, RAM, Network) from within your ePortal (secure.media-hosts.com).
In addition, these extra features will also give us room to grow in the future:
- API Access for use with iPhone applications and other 3rd party programs.
- Simplified web interface that makes much more sense.
- Ability to add other types of virtualization (KVM, Xen PV & HVM). I know we are OpenVZ.ca but Media-Hosts.com will be offering other virtualization technologies as a result, and it’s much easier for us to manage one system instead of two.
- SSH console built into the ePortal and Web Portal.
- Tun/Tap will be user installable with one button.
If you have any questions regarding this new feature/migration please email us directly: firstname.lastname@example.org